Vacancies at Take One Media
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Manager to work as part of our Scotland team.
For more information or submit your CV to David Johnston on email@example.com or Glen Bennett on firstname.lastname@example.org
Directly Responsible To: General Manager – Scotland
Take One operates in the tourism industry distributing information on paper and online to potential visitors on behalf of our customers – destinations, attractions, theatres and events.
Responsible for achieving Sales against a target within a Region.
Responsible for the management, retention and development of existing accounts and for the generation and development of new business accounts.
- Generate and negotiate new income for Take One Media to an agreed annual (financial year) target of invoiced revenue – to increase year on year. This income to be drawn from Existing, New and Former Accounts
- Find new customers, make efforts to increase sales value of existing customers and develop existing and new business relationships.
- Maintain frequent and regular contact with lapsed customers
- Present Take One Media to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Spend a minimum of 60% of working time out of the office in meetings/appointments or communicating direct sales messages by other means.
- Attend on behalf of Take One Media industry events and tradeshows in a professional manner with the intention of gaining new business leads and contacts.
- Have a thorough understanding of clients and competitors.
- Respond to client requests for information in a timely manner.
- Responsible for rack occupancy to an agreed KPI.
- Responsible for lead generation and appointment setting.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities to Take One Media are captured and explored.
- Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following Take One Media procedure.
- Ensure Take One Media remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients.
- Report all activities, weekly, to Senior Management.
- Any other tasks within the appropriate levels of responsibility or as requested by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve agreed sales target.
- Make minimum 10 sales calls/appointments per week.
- Convert 40% of New Customer appointments.
- Achieve minimum 65% of rack rate revenue.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of the Mapping sales process.
- Knowledge of the TOM Leaflets system
- Working knowledge of the Operation system and processes
- Good verbal and written communication; an efficient and organised manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- This job description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time and amended by mutual agreement
- There will be an annual Menzies Performance Review with your Manager/Supervisor to consider progress, job description and performance in the post
- There may be a need for other comparable duties to be undertaken by the post holder from time to time
- Everyone has a responsibility to adhere to all Company wide policies and procedures, which are updated from time to time
- All employees are expected to adhere to the principles of SPIRIT and continuous improvement
Special requirements including physical and environmental:
- Relevant experience of working in a busy sales environment
- A good background in Sales
- Educated to high standard with good written and numerical skills
- The ability and desire to sell, combined with a confident and determined approach
- Willing to make cold calls and overcome objections and rejections
- Excellent communication skills aligned with resilience and a high level of self-motivation and drive
- Strong commercial awareness
- Previous experience within the UK Travel Industry (either inbound or outbound)
- Very well organised and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Full, clean driving licence
- Adept at Microsoft Word and Excel